Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'M SO UPSET...

...I could cry. Let me explain.

Friday was Cassidy's first day of school. (Why St. Mary's starts on a Friday, I have no idea.) However, city schools don't start until next week, so the buses aren't running. I ended up taking the day off of work because I had about a dozen errands to run, and I figured it would be easier to get her to and from school. We took the traditional "first day of school" pictures in the morning. We ended up taking them on the front porch since it was a pretty morning, and the lighting was nice. She was a sport and hammed it up, posing with her backpack. I sat down Friday evening to write a quick "School Days" post and load the pictures. I popped the memory card in the computer, and it WOULD NOT READ! I pulled it and and put it back in the camera, and sure enough - they were gone! No pictures. There is an "error" with the card. I was sick.

There were a few other pictures from the afternoon. Whitney had found a small piece of foam and tucked it in the dog's collar so it looked like he was wearing a cape. She then put a piece of bubble wrap in her shirt for the same effect, and they ran around the house being super heroes. Buddy was her side-kick. Then Kaylee had gotten ahold of the camera and took several "self portraits." You know - the kind teenagers are so good at. They were really pretty cute, and I was going to put a couple of them on also. Now, I have a photoless post.

Of course, I also had to explain to Jeff that the pictures were gone and the card had a problem. He rarely lets me even touch the camera, so I knew in his mind, I would have done something to "ruin" it. He'll never say it, but I know he is thinking it. We had all looked at the pictures on the camera, so I know there were there earlier! So frustrating.

Other than that, my week was crazy. I was off a total of 2 1/2 days because Whitney and Kaylee both had orientations for school, there were parent meetings, we did some shopping, and ran a multitude of other errands. It probably would have been easier if I'd taken the whole week off, but we somehow got it done. Next week doesn't look much better.

I'll take some pictures on Monday of Cassidy's "second day of school" and that will have to be close enough. But it won't be the same. I know that in the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal, but I'm still mad! Then Whitney and Kaylee start on Wednesday, so hopefully more pictures.

In the meantime, I'll try to keep my sanity intact. No promises.

1 comment:

Jerry, Chantal & The Girl Gang said...

What a bummer!!! I would be disappointed and mad too! I'm sure the 2nd day pics will be just as good. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does things like that! :)