Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day - A little late

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Mine was....well, not too bad. Cassidy was very sweet, and made me breakfast. She actually had me place my "order" the night before. I took her and Whitney to see the Hannah Montanna movie - just to get out of the house awhile. Other than that, I was totally lazy.

Today - May 12 - is the day that my own mother passed away twelve years ago. I last saw her on that Mother's Day in 1997, and she died the next day. So, Mother's Day, and today in particular, are bitter-sweet. It makes me stop and reflect on my childhood, my mom, and my kids. She would be very proud of them. I can't believe it has been twelve years. I was 28, Kaylee was about to turn 4, and Whitney was less than 10 months old. My mom never even met Cassidy - but I know she would have gotten a kick out of her! My dad passed away less than two years later - I had just found out I was pregnant with Cassidy.

Sorry - don't mean to be a downer!

We had a garage sale this past weekend. A relatively successful one! Got rid of a lot of junk, and made a little money to boot. Who can complain? Cassidy had another great soccer game. We are winding down with dance - with the recital taking place next weekend. Plus, Kaylee turns 16 this coming Sunday (the 17th). (She has not been able to give me any ideas for her birthday. Weird teenagers.) Whitney just had a band concert tonight. No pictures....it's too tough to get good lighting.

I'm sure there is more going on around here that I could get in to. But, it's late and I'm tired. Good night....

No comments: