- January 13 - Whitney stayed home with a very sore throat. She called me at work crying in pain, so I quickly called the Dr. and got her in. I left work, picked her up, and we zipped right there. They tested for strep - which was negative. I was told it was "viral" and would have to run its course. No medicine!
- January 19 - I got a call from the school nurse saying Kaylee had passed out in Biology and hit her head pretty hard on the floor. Actually, I was in a meeting, and the nurse had to "zero" out of voice mail to get someone to find me. When I picked Kaylee up from school, her head hurt pretty bad. One call to the Dr., and they recommended she go to the ER. A couple of hours later, her CT scan came back negative.
- January 21 - The high school calls again. This time, Kaylee "almost" passed out, but laid down on the floor in time to avoid it. (Something she swore she'd never do.) I talked to her on the phone real quick, and she decided she felt better and wanted to stay the rest of the day. She was fine after that. (I didn't have to leave work this time.)
- January 27 - Cassidy's school called to say she had a stomach ache. Again, I was in a meeting and couldn't be reached. The school nurse (same one that called me the week prior) left two messages before I got back to her. I pick her up and take her home. She was fine the rest of the day. That Thursday she missed basketball practice for another stomach ache. However, she seems to have recovered now.
I'm pretty sure my kids have some kind of flag on their file that if there is one more incident and they can't reach anyone, Children's Services will be called in. I told Jeff that we really need to make some friends who don't work so we have a backup plan. The nurse commented that she noticed Jeff worked 1/2 hour away so just kept trying me. Yep - I'm it! Not good for my work record, needless to say.
On a positive note, January wasn't ALL bad. As promised, here are some pictures of Cassidy playing ball:Notice how she runs so fast, everything around her is a blur? Yeah, she totally gets that from me. (hehe)
Also, the Middle School cheerleaders got to cheer with the High School cheerleaders at the halftime show last Friday. Here are some pics of Whit:
I have about 100 more like these, so I'll stop there.
Dive is over, and cheer is wrapping up. Before we know it, it will be softball season.
BRING ON SPRING!
1 comment:
Sounds like a bad month! I don't have a job right now....for a price I could be your 'no job friend'!
Miss you lots! We need to have lunch and I am still waiting to see your new place!
Post a Comment