Saturday, September 13, 2008

Anxiety...

I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety this week. Could this have anything to do with it?

Monday
5:00: Kaylee JV football game
7-8:15: Whitney dance
8:15-9:15: Kaylee dance

Tuesday
3:30-5: Kaylee Cheer practice
5:30-7:30: Whitney gymnastics
6:45-7:15: Cassidy dance
7-9: High school open house

Wednesday
3:30-5:30: Whitney gymnastics
3:45: Kaylee haircut
6:45-9:15: Kaylee dance (there is a break in there somewhere)
6:45-8: Whitney religion

Thursday
3:30-5: Kaylee cheer practice (had to have two dozen cupcakes baked for the team dinner)
3:30-4:45: Whitney Roadrunners
4:30: Whitney and Cassidy dentist

Squeeze in homework, and at least seven tests this week between all three kids.

And of course, most of these activities come with a price tag attached to them. I took Kaylee Homecoming dress shopping last weekend ($$); class ring information came home on Monday, and orders had to be placed on Friday ($$); Whitney and Cassidy both had school fundraisers going on ($); school pictures were taken recently ($); dance shoes had to be purchased ($); not to mention dance tuition ($$$); and we found out at the dentist that it is time for Whitney to start the whole braces process ($$$).

Not that I'm complaining. Okay, maybe I am a little. It's just that it was a lot to deal with and Thursday night, between homework questions, making supper, helping Kaylee pick out her class ring, and making food for a carry-in at work on Friday, I had a moment where it all built up and I thought I was going to lose it. I was very happy to see Friday on my calendar! These things have a way of working themselves out.

It is finally the weekend, which is also a busy one, but less stressful than the week!

I'll leave with a couple of pictures from last week's "Tournaments for Ty" fundrasier. This was a large event to raise money for the family whose son was involved in a farm accident this summer. Kaylee and her friends were on a whiffleball team. It was a huge success. The fundraiser - not the whiffleball team. Their team motto was "We don't play to win, we play to entertain!" I can definitely say that they lived up to their motto!

Some of her teammates, cheering each other on.

No comments: