Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fair

The fair has ended for yet another year. Thank goodness! It is so hard to get into the full swing of school knowing that the fair starts right after school begins and the kids get all pumped up.

Cassidy asked to go to the fair with her cousin, Olivia, since this is the first year they are not in school together, and she was missing her. So I made arrangements with Michelle to meet them out there one day, and then have Olivia spend the night. Of course, none of the kids wanted to be left out, so we ended up with SEVEN kids at the fair on Sunday! Oh - and it was 90-plus degrees! UGH!

The day started out a little rough. No two kids could seem to agree on which rides to ride. Then, Olivia's glasses got broken and Carter threw up all over himself. I think all of this took place within the first two hours there. Michelle and I were starting to doubt our own sanity. Then, it all started to come together, and everyone ended up having a really good time.

A day at the fair together used to be an annual ritual with all of the cousins, so it was nice to see them all together again. Here are a couple of pictures. I didn't take very many - I think the heat was getting to me.

This is what happens when eight-year olds have older siblings:

And finally, just for old-times sake, I dug up one of the pictures from the 2001 VW Fair...

Weren't they cute? (What happened?)

Next week things really kick in to high gear. Dance starts and the fall gymnastics session starts. Plus, JV has games on the next eight Monday nights. I'll post a sample of my schedule soon - just to see what sympathy it evokes.

1 comment:

Michelle Gorman said...

What were we thinking??? I love the picture from 2001. We had four of them on the same ride and they didn't have a choice. We just told them to hurry up and get on the ride because it was starting. Even after the extreme heat, we still had a great time with the Meyers' once again. Ready to book our fair day together for next year??