Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am Thankful...

I realize that I am a little late for a Thanksgiving post, but I just don't know where the time has gone. I can't believe I was only able to update twice in November; and that December is already here.

Thanksgiving was good, except that Jeff had to work. The kids and I went to my sister's in West Liberty and had a nice day with my family. I don't get home as often as I should. My Nephew, Cliff, made it home this year. He is in the Navy and hasn't been back for quite awhile. It was nice to see him again - he looks good! (Any single, young ladies reading?) My Niece, who is in Iraq, was supposed to call, but I left before we heard from her. Hope all is well with you, Ashley!

We then headed back to VW to have Thanksgiving #2 with the Meyers'. Jeff was off of work by then, so we met up there. Once again, it was relaxing. We surfed the internet for Christmas bargains and tried to get the kids to make their lists.

I have started some Christmas shopping. It's not much, but at least I'm ahead of where I was a week ago. I've done most of my shopping online this year, but will have to venture out eventually.

The kids are keeping busy. Whitney had a Christmas band concert this evening. Here is a somewhat poor picture. (You know how the lighting is at these events.)


Cassidy starts basketball this week, and Kaylee has her first dive meet on Thursday. We will try to get pictures of that. Neither Jeff nor I have ever seen her dive - this is the first time she has ever done anything like this. I'm just proud of her for trying something new!

January and February should be interesting. I believe there are several Saturdays where we will have dive meets, basketball games, and gymnastics meets that all overlap. One of us is going to have to clone ourselves!

The kids' uncle recently donated a foosball table to them. It was no sooner in the door than they started assembling it. Here is a shot:


So now I have a half-assembled foosball table in my entrance. I have no idea where we will eventually find a spot for it.

I actually have the perfect spot - in the basement of a house we looked at about a month ago! Oh, wait...the title of this post is about being thankful. And I AM thankful for my home. Many people don't even have that. I'm thankful for my family, my job, and our health. I'm thankful that the election is over and that the school levy passed! I'm thankful for the holiday season, spending time with family, Christmas lights, receiving cards from old friends, and for Jesus - the reason for the season! I'm trying to be more thankful every day, and recognize the many things that make my life complete as it is. I'm trying not to concentrate on the things I THINK I need and be happy with the abundance that I actually have. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: