Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Update

One last post for 2008, just to keep updated.

Christmas went well. I worked a half day Christmas Eve. My company has a "Christmas drawing" where they randomly pull a few names of people who win small prizes. I actually won this year. I got to choose my gift, so I picked a Gingerbread House Kit. I thought it would be something the kids could do that afternoon to keep them occupied. The house comes pre-assembled, so you just have to decorate it. Although the thought of eating something that has sat on a shelf for a month at Wal-Mart was a little intimidating, it was in the spirit of the season, so what the heck? The kids actually did pretty well with it, and have decided we should do one every year.


The final product:


I think it turned out pretty cute, considering that the icing was not very easy to work with. However, it wasn't exactly edible once it dried. We picked some of the candy off of it, but then threw the rest out...yuck!

As soon as we wrapped up that project, it was time to get ready for the children's Christmas Eve Mass. Whitney and Cassidy both had speaking parts, but like bad parents, we didn't take our camera. :( They both did a good job. Plus - Santa came to our house while we were gone! He has done this most years. When the kids were younger, it was great because then they could open their gifts and have time to play. We used to always have to get up on Christmas morning and drive to my family's for our Christmas, and it was hard to tear the kids away. Now, my family holds it a different day so the kids can enjoy their Christmas at home a little; but I've let Santa know that we're still fine with him coming to our house while we are at church. So Christmas day was pretty relaxing. Just us hanging out, and trying out Guitar Hero World Tour.
Here they are unwrapping:

(For some reason Whitney was cold so kept her coat on to open presents.)


So, here we sit on New Year's Eve. We tend to be home-bodies, so it's going to be pretty quiet for us. Kaylee is at a party (I wonder what it's like to have a social life?) and the rest of us are baking brownies and putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Jealous? We'll try to keep it under control...

Here is hoping that you and yours have a very happy and blessed 2009!!

No comments: